Moving Stop Loss Level


The 2268.hk stock I bought last Thursday went up to 1.52 on Friday before dropping to trading between 1.43 to 1.44 on Monday.

If I had moved my stop loss level to breakeven (1.45 + fees) at 1.49 on Monday, I would gotten out with no losses.

Some experienced traders suggest that stop loss levels should be moved immediately as soon as the stock goes up to lock in the "profits".

Was I wrong in not doing that or should I continue to leave the SL at its original level?

Addendum on 30 Mar
If I had moved the stop loss, I would have missed out on the profit that I had on this stock. The lesson that I've learnt from this is that we need to give the stock price sufficient space (through appropriate stop loss levels) to "breathe".

To take profit, I must allow the stop loss that I've set to close my position after the price reaches its peak.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »

Google AdSense